Job title: Job Coach – Employment Services
Job description: Company Description
At Dungarvin, we are creating something special. As an industry leader for over 45 years, we are looking to add compassionate and caring individuals to our staff whom strive to provide the “best-in-class” care for individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
Do you have a passion for helping others establish a secure, positive environment that nurtures their needs, self-expression, and goals? Are you looking to make a difference? Are you creative and solution-focused? Are you interested in growing in a job where you can grow with a company and develop a career path? If so, we want you on our team!
- Pay $20/HR
- Opportunities for internal growth & career advancement
- Comprehensive benefits package for eligible full-time employees.
- Supplementary insurance
- FREE Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid time off (PTO) that accrues with tenure
- Paid training
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee perks
- PayActiv – Access 50% of your wages before pay day
- Pet Insurance available
- Cell phone and dell discounts
Employment services are designed to help support a person who experiences a disability find and maintain competitive, integrated employment. This includes job development and placement that incorporates their strengths and interests with initial and long-term job coaching supports.
Vocational rehabilitation services are provided in employment settings at businesses within our community, in and around the Portland Metro area. As a Job Coach, you will provide coaching and training in various employment settings by assisting individuals with physical, behavioral, intellectual & developmental (I/DD), and other disabilities to excel in their employment as independently as possible.
If you love meeting new people, helping individuals reach their goals, and are passionate about coaching, you will enjoy this position!
Please note: This is a driving position. Valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, and acceptable driving record required.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a caseload of individuals receiving employment services
- Complete individualized, strength-based assessments to determine career interests, skills, abilities, and support needs
- Provide support to complete initial onboarding and training
- Monitor individual work performance and provide feedback and prompts when needed
- Help the individual set and achieve goals
- Report and document challenges, work performance and progress of person served to the supervisor
- Ensure safety is always maintained in the work environment by utilizing client support documents and protocols
- Maintain and update client support protocols to ensure safety and client goals
- Attend team meetings, write progress reports, and maintain clear, effective communication with the support team; attend required meetings and in-service training sessions
- Create lasting, positive impacts on peoples’ lives through coaching, mentoring, and encouraging others to reach their employment goals
- Requires some evening and weekend availability
- A strong sense of advocacy
- A flexible, motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Effective communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing)
- Demonstrates patience and compassion and possesses excellent interpersonal skills with a professional demeanor
- Customer service driven
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, two-year degree accepted OR minimum six-months experience in human services
- Previous Job Coach, Teaching, Skills Training, or Direct Care experience preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- This is a driving position. Valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, and acceptable driving record required
- Successful candidates will be required to meet all Oregon State Department of Human Services requirements
Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Expected salary: $20 per hour
Location: Portland, OR
Job date: Thu, 06 Apr 2023 22:30:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!