Job title: FINANCE SUPERVISOR – PAYABLES # ADM 23
Company: Sioux-Hudson Employment
Job description: Job Description
POSTING DATE: MARCH 29, 2023
FINANCE SUPERVISOR – PAYABLES # ADM 23-22
REGULAR, FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN DRYDEN, ONTARIO
COMPETITION # ADM 23-22
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward-thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire a Finance Supervisor – Payables located in Dryden, Ontario to join our Finance team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, professional development, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the Finance Supervisor – Payables will provide oversight within purchasing and payable accounting processes to ensure compliance and application of related legislation and KDSB policies and directives. This position will also work closely with management to ensure data integrity and strong financial performance of programs are maintained.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Maintain purchase/payable records, including general ledger account maintenance, preparation and input of adjusting entries, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, and comparison of expense accounts to approved budgets.
- Complete monthly reconciliations for all visa accounts of the KDSB accurately.
- Review and approve all purchase orders and/or invoices for appropriate management approval and expense coding.
- Provide assistance with the annual audit.
- Ensure accounts payable records are complete and accurate. Review aged accounts payable monthly and investigate anomalies.
- Liaise with program managers to clarify and resolve issues, provide program financial information and updates, and respond to inquiries.
- Assist in the orientation and training of management staff that specifically approve payable records.
- Supervise, mentor and monitor performance of Accounting Clerks, ensuring accurate and timely processing of general ledger functions.
- Serve as support in the absence of the other Finance Supervisors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Extensive knowledge, training and experience in accounting principles and practices with particular emphasis on public sector financial reporting methods as they pertain to provincially funded social services.
- Extensive knowledge, training and experience in accounts payable and related month-end processes.
- General knowledge, training and experience in accounts receivable and related month-end processes.
- General knowledge, training and experience in payroll and human resource principles and practices with particular emphasis on applying multiple collective agreements and payroll-related legislation.
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations accurately and quickly, carry out assigned projects to their completion and work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Must be highly proficient in using computers and other information technology such as computerized financial and administrative software.
- Strong organizational skills, high level of initiative and the ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with management staff, employees, Board members, the public, and government and community agencies, including an appreciation of the need for confidentiality, tact, and discretion.
QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Successful completion of a 2-year post-secondary education program in Business Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a computerized general ledger, one (1) of which must be in a supervisory capacity.
- A satisfactory Criminal Background Check
- A valid Ontario Class G (or equivalent) driver’s license.
Along with an excellent benefits package and participation in the OMERS pension plan, we offer a salary ranging from $86,407.43 – $98,696.61 per annum.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number and the community you are applying for in the subject line, on or before April 12, 2023 at 4:00 pm local time to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
Expected salary: $86407.43 – 98696.61 per year
Location: Dryden, ON
Job date: Fri, 07 Apr 2023 03:09:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!