Job title: Settlement Counsellor (Full Time) – Employment Program
Company: Catholic Social Services
Job description: Catholic Social Services is currently recruiting for a full time (37.5 hours/week) Employment Settlement Counsellor in Red Deer .
The successful candidate for this position must be located within Red Deer or the surrounding areas.
As an Employment Settlement Counsellor, you work directly with new immigrants and refugees supporting a smooth transition into life in Canada. You possess cross-cultural understanding and communication. Through your career, you have developed strong assessment skills, along with expert knowledge of community resources and knowledge of and orientation to the Canadian workplace. You will develop, organize and provide workshops and skills training sessions on market/employment topics for immigrants and refugees to Canada. You will identify, build and maintain relationships and collaboration with employers, businesses and business associations in the pursuit of immigrant employment opportunities. You will provide resume building assistance, teach new comers about the job interview process and assist them with obtaining employment. Experience delivering employment readiness and job search programs along with current knowledge of job search strategies and techniques make you a successful candidate for this exciting role as well as your knowledge of credential assessment and recognition. Your ability to deliver information in the manner that the client understands, is an important aspect of this position.
Education and Qualifications:
- A Diploma or Degree in Human Services or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with newcomers to Canada
- Certification through AAISA is considered an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Record Check
- Child Intervention Record Check
What We Offer:
- The compensation for this position begins at $26.67 per hour and is based on qualifications and experience.
- Flexible benefit options when eligible.
- Work within a highly collaborative, team-oriented organization, where your ideas are heard, and you can see your impact daily.
- Growth Opportunities: apply and grow your skills within a dynamic, innovative and expanding Agency that is taking a leadership role in our industry.
About Catholic Social Services:
CSS is an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1800 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta.
“As a Catholic social services agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
Our values are at the core of everything we do!
- Humility: We acknowledge with gratitude our human abilities and limitations. We demonstrate humility by doing the best that we can with the resources that we have.
- Compassion: We respond to people in need with love. We demonstrate our compassion by caring for people without judgment and without condition.
- Respect: We demonstrate our respect by being personally present, open and attentive to those we care for and by honouring their dignity and freedom.
How to Apply:
Please apply online, quoting the competition number 3456 to
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, and people of faith or no faith.
Expected salary: $26.67 per hour
Location: Red Deer, AB
Job date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 04:24:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!