Job title: Manager, Career and Employment Services
Job description: Opportunity Details
Posting Number 40851
Requisition Title Manager, Career and Employment Services
Internal Posting Closing Date
External Closing Date 04/12/2023
Open Until Filled No
Campus Location Simcoe
Department Simcoe/Norfolk Regional Campus (JNA)
Employment Group Admin
Salary Range $87,433 to $109,292
Hours of Work per Week
37.5 hours per week
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
Note: This position is based out of the Simcoe/Norfolk Regional Campus located at 634 Ireland Road, Simcoe Ontario.
Duties: The Manager, Career and Employment Services, Simcoe/Norfolk Regional Campus, is accountable for a budget target and tasks including forecasting, identifying, developing, marketing, budgeting and managing all Career and Employment Services Programs; Adult Upgrading Programs; as well as services that support the academic activities of the campus. This includes all locally, federally and provincially funded employment assistance and/or Literacy and Basis Skills (LBS) programs. The incumbent is responsible for initiating and maintaining close working relationships with business and industry, community partners, College management as well as provincial and federal government funding bodies. As well, the incumbent is responsible to maintain close working relationships with other colleges throughout the province who operate these programs.
- Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree in Business, Human Resources, Marketing or related diploma/degree
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive management experience successfully leading diverse teams to deliver outcome-based community services programming. Demonstrated ability to develop sustained community partnerships and strong relationships with funding agencies.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Demonstrated ability in planning, budgeting, resource allocation, conflict resolution
- Demonstrated strong management skills with supervisory experience
- Experience or training in Provincial and federal program delivery, budget management, human resources management, marketing, labour market analysis, problem solving and OHSS
- The incumbent should be knowledgeable of and connected to the Norfolk area community
- Excellent problem-solving, customer service and communication skills
- Experience in Employment Services and Academic Upgrading would be considered an asset; including experience in analysis and assessment of client needs
- Knowledge of employment assistance programs and related government legislation as well as knowledge of Ministry Policies is an asset
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
Special Instructions to Applicants
In order to view the related Job Description, copy and paste the following URL into a new browser window.
Documents Needed to Apply
Required Documents * Resume
Optional Documents * Cover Letter
Expected salary: $87433 – 109292 per year
Job date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 04:11:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!