Job title: Employment Specialist
Company: Express Employment Professionals
Job description: Share
Located in Pensacola, FL
Industrial Employment Specialist
- The Employment Specialist is the inside sales person in an Express office plays a vital role because the Employment Specialist is the link between both the client companies and the associates. This position takes the job order, assigns the associate, and follows up to ensure client satisfaction and is also responsible for retaining qualified Associates and for inside sales, including responsibility for increasing sales and hours by making telephone sales calls for a portion of each day. Ideal candidates will consistently exercise discretionary judgment in administering Express systems and procedures in recruiting, hiring, and assigning associates to clients within the franchise territory.
1. Recruiting and Employment
- Develops and maintains recruiting sources to ensure consistent applicant flow.
- Conducts job interviews, administers and scores tests, evaluates applicant skills, abilities, and availability.
- Verifies professional/personal references and employment history through written and verbal communication with all available reference sources.
- Verifies degrees, certifications, and qualifications.
- Determines applicant suitability.
- Completes employment process by auditing all applicant-completed documents and conducts orientations about Express policies, procedures, compensation, benefits, and the employer/employee relationship.
- Determines associate compatibility and availability and assigns to client.
- Assures reasonable accommodations to provide access to the Express employment process for individuals with limitations, and ensures that clients also provide reasonable accommodations for work site needs.
- Assigns associates to client accounts, advising associates of clients location, the person to whom they will report, working conditions, essential job functions, work schedule, pay rate, and all other pertinent information.
2. Client Relations
- Conducts sales and service calls daily on existing and potential clients to identify and solve problems as well as stimulate greater business opportunity.
- Analyzes clients operation and develops and presents alternative staffing strategies suited to client-specific needs.
- Receives job orders and ascertains clients essential job function requirements, FLSA exemption status, and assignment details.
- Tours client facilities periodically to observe working conditions, safety issues, production requirements, presence of legal posters, and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Determines basic OSHA compliance and investigates accidents.
- Advises clients concerning bill rates and pertinent assignment-related information.
- Researches issues and is able to advise clients about employment laws and practices relevant to co-employment and effective employee relations practices.
3. Employee Relations
- Gathers associate work performance data from clients in accordance with Express quality assurance procedures.
- Monitors and records associate performance and provides necessary feedback.
- Provides associate counseling and appropriate disciplinary action to correct performance problems.
- Terminates unsatisfactory associates.
- Receives, investigates, and processes associate complaints and allegations of discrimination, harassment, and other work site problems.
- Applies Express policies and procedures in resolving time card errors and client billing discrepancies to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of paychecks and invoices.
- Maintains client good will and helps collect delinquent accounts, including negotiating payment with client decision-makers.
- Spends a portion of each day making outbound telephone sales calls to fill client needs and provide assignments for quality associates and candidates.
Provides administrative supervision of up to 150 Express associates.
Active participation to medical plan, 401K, Holiday, Vacation
Must maintain a valid state drivers license.
High School Education/GED Required.
Bachelors degree in business, marketing, or related field suggested, or equivalent education and experience in business, sales, customer service, or public relations is preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Primary activities are conducted within a well-lit, climate-controlled office.
- Occasional trips to client locations require travel and potential exposure to unpleasant weather conditions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods and maintain the normal range of body motion.
- Must be able to work effectively under the stress of multiple daily deadlines and commitments.
- Occasional out-of-town trips may be required to attend special events and training sessions.
Knowledge and Skills
- Should have an understanding of general business, office terminology, and basic computer skills.
- Should possess strong interpersonal, communication, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to compose routine correspondence and reports.
- Must be able to work between the hours of 7:30am-5:30pm Monday – Friday plus be on a rotating on call schedule
Base Pay: $35,000.00 – $40,000.00 / Year, plus monthly incentives with income potential in excess of $60K for your first year.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Human Resources
Education: High School
Express Office: Pensacola
7100 Plantation Road
Pensacola, FL 32504
Expected salary: $35000 – 40000 per year
Location: Pensacola, FL
Job date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 23:20:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!