Job title: Employment Consultant, HR Connections
Company: ACCES Employment
Job description: Employment Consultant
Program: HR Connections
1-Year Contract with Opportunities for Extension
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 40,000 job seekers each year at seven locations in the GTA. As a charitable not-for-profit organization, ACCES provides job search services that connect newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 35 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada’s population.
We are looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
The position of Employment Consultant is responsible for providing employment services for clients. The individual in this position will work in collaboration with the ACCES Employment Services team and will work closely with all community partner agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide culturally sensitive employment services including intake and assessment, one-to-one and group employment counseling, and referrals
- Facilitate workshops that will prepare clients to market themselves to employers and to find and maintain employment
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community organizations and partners to make appropriate referrals
- Maintain an active caseload, including all file management responsibilities
- Advocate on behalf of clients whenever necessary, including support in areas of employment, skills training, social assistance and equitable access to services
- Meet monthly statistical requirements and maintain professional and effective information tracking systems on all activities performed
- Conduct needs assessments and career testing in individual and/or group settings
- Provide professional support to clients using ACCES resource services
- Develop relationships with private and public sector employers in order to market ACCES services and clients and place clients in jobs
- Participate fully and responsibly as an equal member of an employment consulting team
- And other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- A post-secondary education in Career and Work Counseling, Adult Education, or a related field, and/or 5 years of directly related work experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-management skills to work effectively with clients, co-workers, outside agencies, and employers
- Thorough knowledge of all facets of job search and career development including an understanding of labour market trends and resources
- Demonstrated ability to conduct outreach\marketing of clients and services to employers
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience working in an MSOffice environment; familiarity with online platforms and database management programs (ex. Salesforce)
- Online facilitation experience is a strong asset (in particular, experience with using Zoom, MS Teams, and Webex).
- Knowledge of/experience working with marginalized communities, including refugees, newcomers, and internationally trained professionals who may be experiencing employment barriers is an asset
- Previous experience working in HR or with HR professionals is an asset
- Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate is an asset
- Fluency in a second language will be considered an asset
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
We are currently on a hybrid work schedule, working in the office and from home. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change based on business requirements.
Please Note: ACCES remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of October 1, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions. Employees who are not fully vaccinated due to a valid medical exemption must provide written proof from an allergist/immunologist/cardiologist.
Job status: Unionized
Contract Duration: 1-Year with Opportunities for Extension
Salary: $54,467.55 per annum
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $54467.55 per year
Location: Brampton, ON
Job date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 01:10:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!