Job title: DOL VETS TAP: Employment Facilitator (Part-time) – Fort Carson, CO
Job description: Position Description
JOIN OUR TEAM to assist and prepare over 200,000 Servicemen and women who separate annually from the United States Military begin a new life chapter as a civilian. Many of those who separate from the military have transition plans while others find becoming a civilian a daunting task. The Department of Labor (DOL) Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS) program requires contractor services to support these transitioning Servicemen and women through its highly successful Transition Assistance Program (TAP) that is offered world-wide to conduct job assistance workshops, employment counseling, apprenticeship program placements and employer outreach.
In this role, you will:
- Teaching and/or instructing Military personnel transition to civilian professional and vocational occupations.
- Guide the transitioning Military Servicemembers in identifying goals while also assisting them with recognizing any employment or education gaps.
- Organize and able to manage an office.
- Providing transitioning Servicemembers (Active, Reserve, National Guard), family members, and Veterans a comprehensive understanding of preparing for civilian employment, job searching, job application processes, networking, technical training opportunities, credentialing, and assistance in preparing for civilian employment and participation in technical programs and schools; and, who can conduct large group instruction and provide counseling on the job search process.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A High School Diploma and 3+ years of experience as a professional trainer or facilitator.
- OR an Associate’s degree.
- Experience which demonstrates understanding of private and public sector employment processes.
- Experience as a classroom instructor.
- Must be knowledgeable of the workplace, jobs, and requirement for entry into those jobs.
- Must demonstrate the ability to provide training to groups with up to 50 participants.
- Proficient in MS Windows and Office.
- The ability to communicate effectively with Military clients, be comfortable instructing and speaking in front of a group, be observant of others, possess the ability to engage an audience, and respond to inquiries independently.
- Must be able to travel as requested.
- May require extended hours, including weekdays, weekends, and some holidays, and be willing to perform administrative functions for the office.
- Must have excellent time management skills, able to work independently, and able to respond to inquiries.
Additional desired experience and skills:
- Experience providing Military Servicemembers (Active, Reserve, National Guard), family members, and Veterans a comprehensive understanding of preparing for civilian employment, job searching, job application processes, networking, technical training opportunities, credentialing, and assistance in preparing for civilian employment and participation in technical programs and schools.
If you are interested in supporting and working with our military and a passionate Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
Military Veterans and Spouses encouraged to apply.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $46,397.00 to $69,595.50; however, Serco considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset – we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: .
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email .
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).
Expected salary: $46397 – 69595.5 per year
Location: Fort Carson, CO
Job date: Wed, 05 Apr 2023 22:14:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!