Job title: ANALYST – Hiring and Employment Monitoring 1 1
Company: State of Illinois
Job description: Agency: Office of the Executive Inspector General
Closing Date/Time: Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Salary: $55,000 – $75,000/yr
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Please follow the directions below when applying to this position.
DO NOT APPLY ONLINE
**DO NOT CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON**
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE VISIT:
Under the direct supervision of the Supervising Analyst, serves as Analyst for the OEIG Division of Hiring & Employment Monitoring (HEM). The incumbent is responsible for performing a variety of duties pertaining to the OEIG’s mandate to ensure that hiring and employment decisions, practices, and programs comport with the law. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: reviewing hiring and/or employment files; obtaining and analyzing hiring and employment-related information; documenting monitoring activities and results, among other information; and working with State agency staff, among others, in ensuring the integrity of hiring and employment decisions and practices. This position involves working with information of an extremely sensitive and confidential nature.
1. Under supervision, independently, or in a coordinated fashion, reviews hiring and/or employment files, documentation, and actions in order to assess or effectuate compliance.
2. Works with, liaises, and meets with State agency staff, among others, to obtain information and documentation, as well as a detailed understanding of internal protocol, processes and practices.
3. Conducts onsite reviews of documentation and in-person monitoring of interview and selection process.
4. Determines and keeps current on governing State hiring and employment-related statutory and regulatory authority, rules, and policies by, including but not limited to, performing research and attending training sessions.
5. Prepares detailed, written reports and memoranda documenting individual or divisional compliance activities, findings and/or recommendations; participates in divisional reporting activities.
6. Collects, interprets, and evaluates narrative, statistical and other data in order to assess risk regarding employment or hiring-related activities.
7. Assists in monitoring State agency efforts to attain or maintain compliance with remedial recommendations.
8. Identifies issues that may require intra-OEIG referrals for investigation or referrals to other authorities or entities, and participates in discussions regarding opening
matters for investigation.
9. Consults with and/or advises agency staff, among others, on hiring or employment-related initiatives and processes; applies governing authority in assessing and
10. Performs other duties as required that are reasonably within the scope of the responsibilities enumerated above.
REPORTS TO: Supervising Analyst of Division of Hiring & Employment Monitoring
SUBORDINATE POSITION(S): None
Abilities & Skills
To be successful in this position, a HEM Analyst should have the following:
- ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, with coworkers, and agency personnel and representatives in a professional manner;
- strong organizational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- aptitude in identifying issues that should be explored and analyzed;
- flexibility and interest in working both independently and collaboratively in a team environment, including considering and incorporating opinions and feedback of others;
- high personal ethical standards and the ability to work appropriately with sensitive and confidential materials;
- a willingness to travel to remote sites statewide, including overnight; and
- familiarity with computers, photocopiers, telecommunication equipment, and videoconferencing applications.
- a bachelor’s degree; or an associate degree and two years of professional experience conducting or participating in compliance monitoring reviews or investigations or programs and processes; or four years of progressively challenging professional experience conducting or participating in compliance monitoring reviews or investigations or programs and processes;
- professional or academic experience utilizing compliance monitoring and investigative techniques, practices, and concepts.
- bachelor’s degree in human resources, human relations, public administration, auditing, risk management, or public administration;
- experience working in a government setting, with specialized knowledge of State hiring and employment practices;
- experience in identifying and evaluating risks, and proposing and helping implement remedial recommendations;
- experience conducting extensive document review and analysis;
- proficiency writing detailed reports and memoranda that are accurate, concise, and free from spelling and grammatical errors; and
- knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and other applications.
Full-time, FLSA non-exempt. This position is exempt from the State of Illinois Personnel Rules.
The position may be based in our Springfield office at 607 East Adams Street and/or in our Chicago Office at 69 West Washington Street.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30-4:30
Agency Contact: OIG.InspectorGeneral@illinois.gov
Job Function: Legal and Compliance
Must submit application by following instructions at:
Please follow all instructions on the OEIG website, and include all required documents. You WILL NOT be considered for the position if you attach a CMS100, CMS100b or any other document in lieu of a Resume or CV. Applicants should select the employment tab on our website at and click the “Apply to the OEIG” link and follow the instructions for applying.
The OEIG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or completing any pre-employment testing, please direct your inquiries to Human Resources at (312) 814-1789, or .
Hiring decisions are not based on or affected by political factors, including political sponsorship, affiliation, or support.
Expected salary: $55000 – 75000 per year
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Wed, 05 Apr 2023 22:29:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!